This article will guide you through the steps to create a new AX client config file for a specific layer in AX 2012 R3.
1. Click Start > Administrative Tools > Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Configuration to open the Microsoft Dynamics AX Configuration Utility.
2. Click Manage > Create configuration. The Create Configuration window is displayed.
3. Enter a name for the configuration, and then click OK. The configuration is created.
4. Click the Connection tab.
5. Verify that the server name, instance name, and port information for the Application Object Server (AOS) are correct.
- If it is not correct you can click Edit and change it as needed.
- If there is no server information, click on Add and type in the correct information (Server name is the AOS server)
6. Click the Developer tab.
7. Select the Application object layer to open. (USR should be used for user access)
8. Click Refresh to update the configuration.
9. Click Manage > Export configuration to file. The Export Configuration window is displayed.
10. Save the configuration to your preferred location.