This topic explains how administrators can add links to their organization’s legal terms and privacy statement in the About pane of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance, Supply Chain Management, and Commerce.
Organizations often need to ensure that the links to their legal terms and privacy statement are readily available and visible to users in order to meet legal and compliance requirements. Administrators of an organization can follow these steps to have the links to their legal terms and privacy statement be available in the About pane (Settings > About).
- Go to the System administration > setup > System parameters page and click Legal and Privacy. On this page:
- Enter the link to a page that outlines the legal terms for your organization.
- Enter the link to a page that outlines the privacy statement for your organization. NoteMake sure that you enter the full URL, starting with either https or http.
- Click Save.
- If you are using Commerce, go to the Distribution schedules page. On this page:
- Select the 1110 – Global configuration job.
- Click Run now. NoteTo verify that the job completed, go to the Download sessions page.
To validate that the links have been added, on the toolbar at the top of the page, click the Settings icon, and then click About. In the Links section of the pane, you should see two new links:
- Your organization’s Legal terms
- Your organization’s Privacy and Cookies
Click these links to validate that the appropriate pages open.
The links open in a new window, so if you have a pop-up blocker enabled, you will need to add an exception to your pop-up blocker settings to launch a new window.
To validate that the links have been added, go to the Settings page. In the About section, click the links to validate that the appropriate pages open.