The Finance and Operations module that you’re working in determines the types of workflow that you can create. In this lab, you will create a purchase requisition workflow. Before a purchase requisition can be submitted for review, you need to configure the workflow.
Create and set up workflows
- In the company USMF, go to Procurement and sourcing > Setup > Procurement and sourcing workflows.
- On the list page that appears, on the Action Pane, select New.
- On the Create workflow page, select the Purchase requisition line review.
- For the first time, the browser will show a dialog box to open the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.WorkflowEditorHost page. NoteIf you are not prompted to run the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.WorkflowEditorHost and to log in, then restart the Internet browser in the lab environment, log in again, and perform steps 1 to 4 again.
- Select Run to run the framework.
- In the Do you want to run this application? dialog box, select Run. It takes a few minutes for the workflow editor to be downloaded. When it has finished the download, it automatically opens the Sign in dialog box.
- Enter your credentials and password (found in the Resources tab on the lab side bar, in the Azure portal section)
- The workflow editor appears (this can take a couple of minutes and may open behind the browser window).
Drag workflow elements onto the canvas
The Workflow elements area of the workflow editor contains the elements that you can add to your workflow.
- To add elements to the workflow, drag Review purchase requisition lines and Approve purchase requisition lines onto the canvas.
- Connect Start to Review purchase requisition lines. To connect one workflow element to another, hold the pointer over an element until connection points appear (small boxes around the edges of the elements). Select a connection point and drag it to another element. Be sure to connect all the elements.
- Connect Review purchase requisition lines to Approve purchase requisition lines.
- Connect Approve purchase requisition lines to End.
Configure workflow properties
- In the workflow editor canvas, select Review purchase requisition lines and, from the Action Pane, select Properties to open the Properties page.
- Enter a value in the Name field or accept the default.
- Enter a value in the Work item subject field, for example Work item test. Alternatively, you can also include a place holder and concatenate the text with the place holder.
- Enter a value in the Work item instructions field, for example “Review this purchase requisition”.
- Select Assignment on the left section.
- In the Assignment type tab select User.
- Select the User tab, and select a user, for example ALICIA, and add it to the Selected users section by using the arrow.
- Select Close. The workflow editor may hide behind the browser window, if so – then just select it from the Windows task bar to open it.
- On the pane at the bottom of the page, you will have four errors or warnings. Select each one.
- The first will be a warning, noted by the icon on the left of an exclamation point. Select the icon to open the screen that needs to be changed. In this case, you do not have to enter anything, as you will see the warning is now gone from the bottom pane.
- Select the next error, Selected assignment type “None” is not supported. On the screen that opens, select User. On the User tab, select Admin or any other user, and move it over to the Selected users. The error will then disappear and you can close the screen from the first step.
- The next message is You must enter a message text for language en-us. Select the message and then enter in the Work item subject, Vendor invoice approval.
- In the Work item instructions (the last error message) enter Please approve. This will remove all error messages and your workflow is now complete.
- Select Save and close in the workflow editor.
- Specify version notes, for example New workflow.
- Select OK.
- Select Activate the new version.
- Select OK. It might take a few minutes for the workflow editor to finish its activation process, and then it will close automatically.
- Select Close.
- Refresh the Procurement and sourcing workflows page in Finance and Operations if you don’t see your new workflow.