Reference article : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/user-interface/simple-list-form-pattern
This article provides information about the Simple List form pattern. This pattern is used to maintain data for simple entities.
The Simple List pattern is used to maintain data for simple entities. Simple entities are entities that have six or fewer fields and no parent/child relationships. There are some exceptions where entities that have up to 15 fields are still considered simple entities.
Here are the main changes to this pattern since Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012:
- The top ActionPane strip control has been converted to a standard ActionPane.
- New, Delete, and Edit buttons are provided by the framework.
- View mode is used by default.
- A Quick Filter has been added above the grid.
- When the form is used as a dependent form, the parent form record context is automatically shown above the form caption.
- The page title group for dependent form usage was removed, because it will be provided by the framework.
- The pattern allows for multiple selections in the grid.
- ActionPane (ActionPane)
- Custom Filter (Group)
- Quick Filter (Quick Filter)
- OtherFilters ($Field) [0..N]
- TabularGrid (Grid)
- Footer (Group) [Optional]
- Apply the SimpleList pattern on Form.Design.
- Address BP Warnings:
- Design.Caption isn’t empty.
- Design.DataSource isn’t empty.
- Grid.Datasource must be set.
- The form must be referenced by at least one menu item.
- Design.Datasource is set the same as Grid.Datasource.
- The primary key field of the primary data source’s table has IgnoreEDTRelation=Yes.
- The grid must not contain more than 15 fields.
Commonly used subpatterns
The verification checklist shows the steps for manually verifying that the form complies with UX guidelines. This checklist doesn’t include any guidelines that will be enforced automatically through the development environment. Open the form in the browser, and walk through these steps.
Standard form guidelines:
- Standard form guidelines have been consolidated into the Microsoft Dynamics AX General Form Guidelines document.
Simple list guidelines:
- By default, the Quick Filter should use the name or description column.
- The list can display up to 15 columns.Note: This guideline has been relaxed from AX 2012.
- There should not be any duplicate New or Delete buttons.
- The page title should be in a plural form.
- When there is no data, the grid should not automatically add a new record.
Note: We plan to extend the grid lines to the right and bottom edges in a future client deliverable.