You can create menu items in Microsoft Dynamics AX to provide access to the reports that you create with the Visual Studio tools for Microsoft Dynamics AX. These menu items are created as output menu items from the Menu Items node in the AOT and can display reports in both the client and in Enterprise Portal Web parts. The following procedure explains how to create a menu item for a report.
Before you create a menu item for a report, be sure that the report has been added to the AOT. For more information, see How to: Add Reports to Microsoft Dynamics AX. If you want to view the report from the menu item, you must deploy the report to a report server. For more information, see How to: Deploy Reports to a Report Server.
- In the AOT, expand the Menu Items node.
- Right-click the Output node, and then click New Menu Item.
- Select the node for the menu item.
- In the Properties window, set the following properties:
- Save the changes in the AOT.